SEAPLANE HARBOUR MARINA ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Seaplane Marina is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. This Policy Statement sets out how we will work towards achieving our environmental objectives.
- We will meet the environmental legislation that relates to the operation of the Marina and where possible identify opportunities to adopt best practice over and above the minimum legislative requirements.
- We will ensure that boats are fuelled safely and responsibly to avoid spillages and pollution. All safety boats will carry a spill kit. Safety boat drivers will be trained in refuelling good practice and the use of spill kits.
- We will minimise the use of electricity in all of our activities. For example; turning off lights, replacing old light bulbs with energy efficient models.
- We will minimise the use of water in all of our activities. For example; fitting hoses with automatic trigger nozzles and turning off taps when not in use.
- We will minimise the creation of waste. For example; we will only print and photocopy if absolutely essential and then print double-sided.
- Where possible, we will use email rather than printed materials to communicate and promote our activities.
- We will recycle as much waste as possible by providing adequate clearly labelled bins and increasing our waste and recycling bins and/or collections during busy events.
- We will provide suitable containers for the disposal of hazardous waste streams.
- We will endeavour to take a sustainable approach to running events.
- We will promote relevant local environmental information to our members such as the location of voluntary no anchor zones, sensitive habitats/species.
- We will publicise our environmental commitment and promote sustainability amongst our members and visitors on our website and notice boards.
- We will take the environmental credentials of our suppliers into account when procuring new products. By doing so we wish to encourage other organisations to integrate sustainability into their operations.
- We will measure our progress and review this policy on an annual basis.
Seaplane Harbour Marina 2021